Thursday, June 13, 2024

675 + 571 Weeks

I don't have too much to say. It has been just another week, no major dramas.  Jeff and I went to dinner and a classical music concert on Saturday while Lolo & Dida looked after the kids.  It was good to have a night out.  It wasn't even a late night, which I think made it even better - haha.  We have well and truly lost the urge for late nights out, which is the exact opposite of how we were when we met.

The kids are doing well.  Carmie is out to dinner right now with her 'workmates' from her social groups.  Carmie is being paid to do a weekly animation for their social media platforms.  She is very proud of having her first job, and she is very good at saving, so she is amassing a small fortune.  There are a few other teens who 'work' there too, and the company won an award, so they are all out at dinner celebrating.  She's so grown up!

Meanwhile Arley is in the kitchen eating a bowl of ramen noodles with no idea that Carmie isn't even home.  Ha ha.

Last night I went to my life drawing session.  I am going weekly now, and I am loving it.  It isn't relaxing but it is entirely my thing, and it feels good to focus so completely on something else.  I have a lot of room for improvement too, which is a little mortifying but at least I have goals now!

Arley refused to go to Clint again on Wednesday.  I am at my wits end.  When he refused, I made a deal with him that instead of going to Clint, he has to exercise every day instead.  He agreed, so I thought it was a win.  Of course, when it was time to exercise he refused and said he will start going to Clint again as of next week.  Insert massive eye roll.  We shall see when Wednesday rolls around.  He knows just how to do my head in.

The kids both got their hair cut on Friday of last week, but once again I don't have a single photo.  I will do better next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment