Thursday, July 18, 2024

680 + 576 Weeks

Poor Carmie has had a bit of a rotten week.  On Saturday she went off to a six hour D&D social group with some teenagers (aged 14 and over, we just squeezed her in).  At the same time, Jeff and I were off at an education fair advertising his guitar school.  Lolo and Dida looked after Arley all day.  Carmie called me right before we were wrapping up, almost at the end of her session, telling me that she was sick and had just vomited.  Jeff and I packed up early and went and picked her up.  When I got there she was white and clammy, rushed past me and went and threw up again in the sink, in front of all the teenagers.  Poor thing.  Somehow she had been glutened, even though they were really careful with her food.  She was really sick.  She is so slight, when she gets sick like that, her whole body takes the brunt.  We brought her home and she threw up some more, and then spent the evening and all of the next day in bed because she was quite weak and her throat was all torn up.  I hate that she has coeliac disease, I really do.

And then just last night, Carmie woke me up at 3am asking for medicine because she thought she was getting sick, and now she is in bed with a sore throat, headache and stuffy nose.  She couldn't go to her D&D session this afternoon, and she has two new sessions starting tomorrow (one is online from home) that she probably won't be able to attend either.  Poor bugger.

Arley had a really tough morning on Tuesday.  He had a huge meltdown due to our new token system.  We knew there were going to be hiccups, but it's still hard.  It was really bad, but he recovered well.  I am always left feeling emotionally drained afterwards, and I am sure he is too.  We headed up to see Lolo afterwards, and even managed to get the kids playing a game with us.  The new token system is actually working, but some days Arley still fights it.  He is still spending a lot of time on his screens, but he has changed from gaming for most of the day to learning coding and scripting, which we are really happy about.  He still needs to do a hell of a lot more exercise than he does, but we will get there eventually.

With all this going on, I've taken it easy this week.  I'm getting our taxes done and doing a lot of work for Jeff's guitar school.  Not fun but necessary.  I have been asked to do a painting for a friend's gallery, which I'm really excited about, so I'm going to start working on that some time soon.  Fingers crossed!

Only one photo this week, of Arley and his cookies that he made with Lolo :).  Also one photo of the latest painting I finished for my nephew Zach.  It's of the Bamber's cat, Bitly.





No comments:

Post a Comment